Monday, October 19, 2009


It's 6 am here at Hangzhou Childrens Welfare Institute. Did I mention that we are staying in the dormatories right on the grounds? I hear the babies waking up and crying and as I look out the window, there are nannies going back and forth with wagons full of large thermos bottles of formula. Yesterday was once again a full day of examinations and therapy. Everyone of the volunteers in enchanted with the precious children. After our breakfast of noodles, rice wrapped in bamboo leaves and boiled eggs, we started our morning with a brief official ceremony to kick off our 3 year commitment with Hangzhou and Red Thread Charities. The child volunteers recited a special thank you in mandarin taught by Chandler our beloved guide. Then off to work...or is it play...I can never figure that out. Jane

link to RTC 2009 photo album

3 comments:

  1. I don't remember exactly how I found this blog, but I am currently waiting for our LOI to adopt our daughter who is in foster care at the Hangzhou CWI. Oh how I pray that you see her and that she is photographed! Could I contact you via email to see if you met my daughter?
    Thank you!
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, Hi, I'm Cindy Dahle and I'm helping to maintain the blog because the group is not able to access it while they are in China. I sent your comment to Jane so she can respond back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see in the photo album there's a little one who has Albinism. I have a photo of him(??) when I was there picking up my daughter in Feb 2007, I think. He was just a brand newborn infant at the time if it's the same child!

    ReplyDelete